What difference do you think you can make to business on the Sunshine Coast?
I will deliver a united council organisation that is fundamentally focussed on delivering for the people of the Sunshine Coast. From elected officials through to bureaucratic staff, I will achieve a strong and positive culture within council that has a key focus on outstanding service, performance and accountability. This reputation will enable the region to create more opportunity and subsequently reach its potential as an iconic lifestyle destination.
I will foster, cultivate and implement a team philosophy that is focussed on delivering real outcomes. I am confident that my extensive community, sporting and business experience will ensure that I have the skills to create an inclusive, dynamic environment that delivers for the region. In business as in sport, individuals must deliver, more than the rhetoric and inaction that is characteristic of current politicians.
Successful local government is about hard work, persistence, trust and commitment that incorporates the community as a key partner .
I have lived, worked and raised my family on the Sunshine Coast since 1999. I have worked in senior positions in media, marketing and management. In 2006 I earned a postgraduate degree in business from USC. I am passionate about sport and well-being and I am heavily involved in the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
Why should we choose you?
As an independent candidate I believe I can offer the best balance for the community. I am not tied to or influenced by a political party. I believe in empowering our people and I have a strong professional ability and capacity that backs up my passion for the Sunshine Coast.
As Mayor, what are the first three things you would do?
1. Immediately gather councillors and the executive team together to set the regional agenda and priorities, forge a genuine consensus on these matters then seriously commit to ensuring that it is delivered and implemented, without fail.
2. Ensure all existing council staff are given the opportunity to ‘sign up’ and commit to the new culture of council of outstanding service, accountability and performance to our ratepayers and our regional customers.
3. Significantly increase investment in the Council’s next budget for Economic Development that will be designed to immediately stimulate and diversify the Sunshine Coast economy, without increasing general rates.
As Mayor, what would you like to be ‘FAMOUS FOR”?
I personally don’t want to be famous for anything. However, I would like the Sunshine Coast to be famous for opportunity. Opportunity for everyone across the community to fulfil their own vision. Opportunity for our children, our workers, our seniors, our young families and, opportunity for business to break new territory, build new reputations and grow a smart economy.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
In the first 4-year term, I will deliver;
- 18,000 new jobs
- Fast broadband access to every home, business and person in the region
- An autonomous economic entity, promoting the region & driving smart investment, creating jobs & opening new markets for local business
- A $3.5m additional injection into tourism without increasing the current tourism levy
- $20m for Council’s Economic Development Unit
- 25,000 higher educational and training commencements
- Streamlining of council operations that will deliver greater accountability, increased performance and cost savings
- A referendum for Noosa residents on de-amalgamation
- A commitment that Noosa will have control over its on planning scheme within Council